Friday 18 April 2014

Harry Potter Sorting Hat and Characters Cake.

This was the first time I have ever made this cake. It was a challenge, but I enjoyed it very much! The cake is made using a small 8 inch, a 7 inch, a 6 inch and a 4 inch to get the height and shape. Butter cream and jam used to sandwich it all together.

Then left in the fridge for an evening until set and I started to work on the folds. The fondant was pinched and tucked to create the folds and I did have to do it in two sections as it was so big. In order to create the shading for the eyes and mouth I had to use the air brush. I did two shades of brown over the cake first. and then two shades of black and brown for the eyes and mouth.

Once that was done I could start working on the characters. This is one of my best cakes, I really enjoyed making it :).






No comments:

Post a Comment