Sunday 3 July 2011

Call of Cthulhu Cake

Hello Its me again. I thought this time I would post a dear friends cake that was done for his birthday. This is a gamers cake and Mr Flint had no idea what type of cake he was going to get. This was two 8 by 12 inch chocolate Guinness cakes, sandwiched together with chocolate and Guinness butter icing.

The Mythos design on the top was hand drawn on first using a scratching tool, and then piped over with royal icing. All the tentacles you see are all edible fondant icing. I had great fun with this one and the cake its self was quite big again.

 Front Open Book
Back Open Book

2 comments:

  1. Oddly... For some reason I can't fathom... I have the desire for cake...

    No, seriously, those are awesome Coz', nice to see you've kind of created a gallery for them on here, that's really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the Call of Cakethulhu! I'a Dagon! I'a Hydra! Cakethulhu F'htagn!

    ReplyDelete