Saturday 6 August 2011

Beach Buggy Cake

This was the first ever novelty cake I ever did! It was for my dads 50th birthday 4 years ago. I had no idea what I was doing but I got there in the end. Made many many terrible mistakes but my dad was so pleased! I felt like I had really accomplished something :)



The reason a Beach Buggy was chosen as the cake for my dads 50th is this... They had a Beach Buggy before I was born and sold it to be able to get a deposit for a mortgage. When I was bout 14 years old my Dad found a Beach Buggy the same make and modal as the one he sold and decided to buy and refurbish it. I always swore I would be old enough to drive it before he managed to get it back on the road as you have to be 25 or over to drive a classic car which this is classed as. I'm 30 this year and he still hasn't finished it! Its a little joke in the family :)

So for his birthday I wanted to give him at least one finished Beach Buggy!

No comments:

Post a Comment