Saturday 6 August 2011

Skoda Rapid Cake

This was done for a friends brother, the car is as old as he is! it was a pleasure to do and I wanted to get it as close as I could to the real thing. On this cake I made a stand for the actual cake to sit on the if you looked under the car you could see though to the other side. Not something I had ever done before but it worked ok for this.

The stand was made from pink sculpting foam, covered in tin foil and then fixed to the board with a couple of screws through the bottom to hold it in place. Then the cake was built on top! made a couple of little traffic cones to fill out the board which look quite cute and called it there.




This car was still a challenge even though it doesn't have all the curves of a modern car. Instead of using a blue for the windows I used a grey/blue to add to the age of the vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment