Thursday 12 July 2012

Scientific Doctor Theme!?!?

So I thought it was about time I posted some cakes I have done, to a certain Scientific Doctor theme. Just to make sure that I cover my backside here these cakes where done as gifts which is so often what my skill ends up being used for anyway! And not for the benefit of monetary gain when the rights are so clearly owned by a big, powerful and all knowing company!?!?


Because I have done a few I will just show them all in this post rather than a post each!


 A Time Travelling Police Phone Box! 

One Killer Dust Bin and it life before fondant icing :) 



One Robotic Doggy (with bamboo skewer for head support!)
 The Police Box was one, 10 inch cake cut into 4, so you ended up with 5 by 5 inch pieces of cake that would stack to create the height. You then icing accordingly after leaving in the fridge for 2 or more hours to have the butter icing harden slightly. you add thick straws or plastic supports to get it to stay upright.


Similar sort with the killer dust bin except cutting it to shape before icing.


The robotic doggy needed the bamboo skewer for support as cake is not exactly light! Nor a kind mistress where defying gravity is concerned!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. This is awesome. Your creations are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to make a K9 cake for my Dad's birthday, can anyone give me any tips on getting the head to stay on.

    ReplyDelete