Friday 1 June 2012

Skip Rat Cake

This was an unseal cake, it's not every day your asked to do a skip rat cake for someone's father in-law who is turning 50!

Vanilla cake again, this was a simple shape but it was the attention to detail that would make it what it is. I made all kinds of different rubbish to go in the skip. From a metres to a broken TV, bricks, pipes, boxes and wheels. Not forgetting the little mini rates made to scuttle around the skip.


I then decided to air brush the side of the skip with the name, age, and message because when you see a skip these days they usually have the name and number of the company sprayed on the side! I then used some of the paint to dirty up the skip and make it look more authentic.


A very fun cake again, one I always get raised eyebrows about when I mention it in the list of unusual cakes I have done.

1 comment:

  1. I really like it! Makes me think of last year's ICA when I had to make a skip in 3D. The rats are cool. They certainly add extra character to the whole thing.
    I am kind of curious why the customer wanted a skip cake though. Not putting it down for being unusual, of course. I'm quite a fan of all things quirky. I just can't help expecting an interesting reason behind the choice.

    ReplyDelete